Thursday, July 7, 2011

Stop. Look. Listen. Heal

It is easy to get caught up in life. The things we need to do, who we need to be. I read something recently that captured what we all really need to do every now and then.

Stop. Look. Listen. Heal.

Treasure the silent moments.

Take note of what is happening around you.

Listen to what your mind and body are trying to tell you.

Look after yourself, heal your mind and body. Eat good healthy food, drink plenty of water and get plenty of rest.

These are words I personally to need to listen to and act upon. My family and I have been unwell with colds, chest infections, throat infections, croup the list goes on, for the past month. Just when I think we are over the worst of it something else pops up. My poor little man got croup on his birthday and I spent most of the day cleaning up vomit and comforting my child. We had to take him to the doctor in the afternoon because he couldn't keep anything down. The receptionist noticed it was his birthday and offered her well wishes but said she felt sorry for him being sick on his birthday. He was prescribed steriods to help, but again that night he vomitted in bed so ended up spending the rest of the night in mummy and daddy's bed. There is something precious about watching your child sleep, blissfully unaware of all the troubles in the world. The extra hugs and kisses in the morning when they wake up are nice too.

Right now I am sitting rugged up in my dressing gown, surrounded by a pile of tissues, my nasal spray and an empty glass after taking no less than 6 different medications and herbal supplements in an attempt to heal. I am on my third course of antibiotics and to say I am over it would be an understatement. I am sick of being sick!

So I will be taking it easy over the next few days. I am sure last nights weakness ordering pizza for dinner wasn't a great start to my eat well, live well philosophy, but hey we all have moments when picking up the phone becomes easier than standing in the kitchen preparing a meal. On the upside Aisha and Aaliyah enjoyed their first taste of pizza and we did try to keep it healthy by ordering vegetarian and cheese pizza's. Oh and there is some left over for lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment