Saturday, February 19, 2011

Quotes

You may notice that I share insipirational quotes or little messages of hope, love and support through our website, facebook page and twitter.

I find comfort in reading these and sometimes a personal connection to the quote or message.

They aren't always about grief or loss, or love and hope. Sometimes they are just little messages of support or inspiration to bring us all back to earth and make us think twice about what we do with each day we are alive.

I have a few personal favourites, too many to list all of them here, but this is a small selection. They may not speak to every one but I believe in them and the power of the positive thinking that comes from reading them.


Everything happens for a reason

"Life: It is about the gift not the package it comes in." Dennis P. Costea, Jr

The best and most beautiful things can not be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

If there were not hope, the heart would break. Ancrene Wisse

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. Martin Luther King Jr

Everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person. Mother Teresa

The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears. John Vance Cheney

The best way to cheer yourself up, is to cheer someone else up. Mark Twain

Everyday tell at least one person something you like, admire or appreciate about them. Richard Carlson

We must be the change we wish to see in the world. Mahatma Gandhi

You gotta dance like nobody's watching, dream like you will live forever, live like you're going to die tomorrow and love like it's never going to hurt. Meme Grifsters

When it is dark enough, you can see the stars

I am warmth, I am love, I am a continuous life force, I am energy, I am broken, I sacrifice, I HEAL! Listen to my plea, mend your ways, share your dreams, return the good I share with you all. As I renew, so shall mankind. We are all of the one energy. Connect with me always for my energy is your energy. Together we will heal. Namaste Lin

Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't own it, but you can use it. You can't keep it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it, you can never get it back. Harvey MacKay


Then of course there is my quote

Sending you Hope, Light, Love, Happiness

Find hope to keep you strong,
Find light to lead the way,
Find love all around you,
Find Happiness one day...

This is a very personal message and is actually about my four children.

Zachariah our eldest child gave us hope. After TTC for so many years, just when we were about to give up on the idea of ever having our own children I fell pregnant with Zach. There was hope! He also kept me strong the days after losing Yasminah. Zach gave me a reason to get up in the morning and keep going when all I really wanted to do was crawl into a corner and die.

Yasminah is our light. Having Yasminah opened our eyes to the world around us. She has filled our lives with light and continues to shine down on us. Yasminah has changed my life incredibly as a person and her mother. She has opened a world I never knew existed and continues to guide me to help others through my own pain.

Then Aisha and Aaliyah gave us love and happiness at a time when we needed it the most. Having our twins, and them surviving after being born so premature gave me incredible hope. They filled and continue to fill my life with complete love and happiness.

So finding hope to keep you strong, is about finding that person who will keep you going, or that special something to keep you strong. There is another saying 'there is always a light at the end of the tunnel' and I have to believe that there is. It may not seem that way in the early days when you are mourning everything you have lost, but it does get easier and you will begin to come out again into the world, into the light. Every one deserves to be loved and I hope that families are surrounded by love through their journey. I hope that everyone find's happiness one day...

A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. Hugh Downs


What quotes or messages speak to you and give you hope?

1 comment:

  1. My absolute favorite quote is one by Bertrand Russell: "The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge."
    Many people accuse me, as an atheist, of having no meaning in my life, but that is not true at all. Every caring thing I do or say has been inspired by love and the meaning that I continuously create in my life everyday. I think even the most difficult choices must be considered rationally (guided by knowledge), but they must also be made in a spirit of love. That is what I do believe in.

    Thank you for sharing all of those beautiful quotes!

    ReplyDelete