Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tears

I'm lying in my bed trying to go to sleep but as usual I have too much going on in my head and my heart.

I really love and enjoy making the journals and I know what a difference it is making to families who receive them. We have received a few reviews on our facebook page and they have all touched my heart and brought tears to my eyes. I have also received alot of emails from families. Mainly mothers telling me of their own personal journeys. Opening their hearts and souls to me. I'm deeply moved by all your experiences. I think about you all and your little angels.

I admit though sometimes it's really hard for me to be confronted with other peoples stories of their child being stillborn or premature and passing away soon after birth - referred to as neonatal death. Death in the first 28 days of life.
Or their child having a disability I can sympathize with them and understand what they are going through. Its easy for them to talk to me about it and for me to know what to say. I have told a few about our journey with Yasminah. It really helps talking to someone who has been through it all.

But In a single moment I can feel like I'm alone back in the hospital room surrounded by doctors, nurses all strangers telling me that they can't find the heartbeat, that they have checked several times and Yasminahs arm is still resting above her head. She hasn't moved she has passed away......

Nothing can ever prepare you for that. I simply have no amount of words to describe it. Only tears..............

No comments:

Post a Comment