- Take photos
- Bathe your child
- Wash them in a special scented soap
- Put a nappy on them and dress them
- Take your child outside
- Have family and friends visit
- Take hand and foot prints, hand and feet castings
- Collect a lock of hair
- Place items of clothing, blankets/wraps that your child wore in a snap lock bag to retain their smell
You can keep hospital bracelets, name cards and other hospital items used for your child and place them within your journal. Just ask the hospital staff to keep them aside for you.
It might help you to create a scrapbook of your memories including items from your pregnancy like pregnancy tests, ultrasound pictures, belly photos and other keepsakes from your pregnancy and birth.